What Is A Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a treatment that removes the top layers of skin using a chemical solution. When the skin grows back it will be smoother and more even in color. A light to medium peel is gentler and works better with subsequent visits to achieve the desired aesthetic results. Chemical peels can be used to treat wrinkles, scars, and discoloration of the skin. They can be combined with other aesthetic procedures, making the other procedures more effective. Peels can range from light to deep. Deeper peels will give more dramatic results.
Why should I get a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a type of skin-resurfacing treatment. You can choose the type of peel that you would like to have done depending on what beauty goals you are trying to achieve.
A light chemical peel will remove the outer layer of skin. It can treat fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tones, acne, and dryness. You can have another light peel after at least two weeks.
A medium chemical peel will remove more skin than a light peel will, reaching a little deeper into the surface of the skin. It is used to treat acne scars, wrinkles, and fine lines, and can help even out skin tone. You may need to repeat this treatment to reach your beauty goals.
A deep chemical peel reaches the deepest into the skin of all the chemical peels. This will work on deeper wrinkles and acne scars. You will not need to repeat this treatment to achieve the full effect.
Chemical peels will not remove deep wrinkles or scars. While they can tighten the skin, some sagging skin will not be improved with a chemical peel. Talk with one of the specialists at Sirene Med Spa and Wellness to find out what these can do for you.
What are some types of chemical peels?
Several different chemical peels are available, each with its benefits and drawbacks. Here are some of the standard peels:
- Glycolic acid peel– This kind of peel clears the outer layers of the skin, leaving behind a smooth, soft surface, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Salicylic acid peel– This type is often used to treat acne and rosacea. It has been shown to reduce redness, inflammation, lighten dark spots, and discoloration caused by hyperpigmentation.
• Jessner’s solution peel – This type of chemical peel is designed to help lighten dark patches of skin. It includes salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and lactic acid.
What are the benefits of chemical peels?
Chemical peels and other noninvasive cosmetic procedures are becoming more and more popular. They provide excellent results with limited or no recovery time. These can cover a wide variety of skin concerns. They will also leave you with clearer, brighter, and more youthful-looking skin.
- Chemical peels help reduce fine lines.
- They can correct sun damage.
- Chemical peels are wonderful at improving acne scars and even improve mild to moderate cases. Moderate peels can improve the look of scars and surface acne. Deep peels can even improve the look of more significant scarring.
- They are a great way to correct hyperpigmentation, age spots, and melasma. This can be done on your face hands, chest, and neck.
- Chemical peels will leave you with better skin tone and texture.
- Chemical peels can help the skin absorb skin care products, making them more effective.
Chemical peels are exceptionally safe when they are done by a board-certified specialist. The procedures take very little time and they require little downtime for healing and aftercare. At Sirene Med Spa and Wellness, our specialists can create a personalized treatment plan to help you reach your beauty goals. If you are looking for anti-aging solutions, dealing with acne or acne scarring, or just want to look younger and healthier we are here to help.
Visit Sirene Med Spa & Wellness to see if this is an option for you! For more information, please Call or book your appointment online.